Regions and Zones
Steps to find regions and Availability Zones using the console
1.Open the Amazon EC2 console
2.From the navigation bar, view the options in the region selector
3. You can switch between the regions and some services are region specific and some are global.
AWS Account Creation
Open https://aws.amazon.com/free, and verify the free tier limitations then choose “Create a Free Account”.
2. And Select“Create a new AWS account”option if you want to create a new account,or enter your Email ID if you are an existing user.
3. Enter the required details; AWS Account Name(You can give your name), Email Address and Choose a Password. Whatever the email ID you are using here is called as “Root”user and this user will have highest privileges on your AWS account.
4. In this step we have to select “Account type” and need to provide the “Contact information”.
- You can select“Personal Account”as your AWS account type, if you are an individual.
- You can select “Company Account” if you are creating this account for your organization.
- You have to provide the required contact Information (i.e;FullName,Country, Address,City,State,Postal code and PhoneNumber)
- Then select“Create account and continue”button.a
5. You have to enter your payment information. AWS will accept Credit/Debit Card(Visa/Mastercard /Americal express).
As part of payment details verification process amazon will deduct INR 2 from your account. However this amount will refunded once your card has been validated.
6. In Step 6, we have to perform“Identity verification”and to complete this step you need to have a valid Phone number with you.
- Enter the valid phone number, captcha and press“Call me now”button.
- When you click on call me now option, you will get a 4 digit PIN on your phone and
- You have to enter the 4 digit pin number on the IVR call, then your Identity verification is going to complete.
7. After completing the Identity verification, we have to select the“ Support Plan”and click on“Continue”.
Amazon have 4 support plans, those are
No Monthly Pricing for Basic support plan and no option to get technical support from Amazon if you are facing any.
Starting at $29/month and one primary contact may ask technical questions through support center and your issue will address with in 12-24 hours during local business hours.
Starting at $100/month and 24×7 access to Cloud Support Engineers via email,chat,and phone. 1 hour response to urgent support cases
Starting at $15,000/month and you will get thee business support plan benefits along with Operational reviews, recommendations, and reporting, Designated Technical Account Manager, Access to online self-paced labs and Assigned Support Concierge.
Note: You can change this support plan at any time by logging in with Root account.You can“Support Center” under“ support” navigation pane. Then click on change button and select the required support plan. We can use“Basic Support Plan” to explore the AWS features.
8. We have completed the AWS Account creation process select the “LaunchManagement Console”and Select“Sign in to the console”
9. Now you can enter the Email id and Password to login to your AWS account.
AWS basically offers usage of certain of its products at no charge for a period of 12 months from the date of the actual signup.
|AWS Product||What’s free?|
|Amazon EC2||750 hours per month of Linux micro instance usage 750 hours per month of Windows micro instance usage|
|Amazon S3||5 GB of standard storage 20,000 get requests 2,000 put requests|
|Amazon RDS||750 Hours of Amazon RDS Single-AZ micro instance usage 20 GB of DB Storage: any combination of general purpose(SSD) or magnetic 20 GB for backups 10,000,000 I/Os|
|Amazon ELB||750 hours per month 15 GB of data processing|
For complete list of free tier eligibility products, please refer https://aws.amazon.com/free/
More Information :https://www.fgrade.com/amazon-web-services/