Joomla is a free and open source content management system for publishing web content. It is built on a model view controller web application framework that can be used independently of the CMS that allows the user to build powerful online applications. It is written in PHP and stores data in a MySql. Due to its flexibility, user friendly interface and open source platform it is being used in web development of websites. Joomla web development highly popular as it offers huge number of plugins and extensions.
Joomla can be used for
- Corporate websites or portals, intranets and extranets
- Small business websites
- Online magazines, newspapers, and publications
- E-commerce and online reservations
- Government, non-profit and organizational website
- Community-based, school and church websites or portals
- Personal or family homepages.
Joomla has a powerful application framework that makes it easy to create sophisticated addons that increases the powers of Joomla into virtually unlimited directions. The core Joomla framework enables developers to quickly and easily build
- Inventory control systems
- Data reporting tools
- Application Bridges
- Custom product catalogs
- Integrate e-commerce systems
- Complex Business directories
- Reservation systems
- Communication tools
Features of Joomla Web Development
- SEO friendly
- Flexible, from the simplest to the most complex websites. Can create a blog, business website, intranet, community website and much more.
- Mobile Friendly
- Menu Management: Create as many menus and menu items as you need.
- Access Control List: Allows you to manage the users of your site and different groups.
- Speed up your memory with caching
- Unlimited Designs and awesome design features.
- Content editing and publishing made easy
- Global and professional support.
- Over 8,000 extensions are available.
- Easy core update with just one click
- Multiple Languages: Offers over 70 languages
- Multi-User Permission Levels
Advantages of using Joomla web development
- By using Joomla one can create colorful websites irrespective of the size of the business. It is easy to create website from medium level to the most advanced level.
- As this is an open source platform, it has no restrictions of any sorts. It uses this platform so as to broaden the scope of the websites.
- Joomla can be setup on a local or the server very easily as the setting up process is very simple.
- Those who don’t have adequate knowledge in programming language can easily enable Joomla successfully.
- Since it is on an open platform anyone can use, share and provide support.
- The Joomla plugins and extensions that are available are adequate for the best operations of any website.
- It’s incredibly flexible and there are thousands of themes and plugins that can help you change the whole look of your website.
- Joomla web development features enables developers to make good users of this platform to save their time.
- It is easy and simple to integrate as this platform reduces the effort and time required for integration.