Shared Web Hosting
In Shared hosting, the website is on a shared server which is shared among other websites. In this type of hosting a dedicated server instead of containing one website it contains more than 100 websites.
Advantages of Shared Web Hosting
- Cost: they are cheap as they are shared among other websites too.
- Convenience: to host the site on a shared server the user need not be from a technical background. The hosting company is there to take care of everything.
- Security: Limited security due to shared Hosting.
Disadvantages of Shared Web Hosting
- Disk Space : In a shared hosting each user is allocated a limited amount of disk space
- Limited Bandwidth: As the server is shared among various user then limited bandwidth is allocated to each user.
- Security: Although the company offers provide you with firewalls and other server security applications but you are still at a greater risk because other users are also using the same server.
- Blacklisting of a website: there are more chances of blacklisting of a website by a search engine because someone else is engaging in spamming activities. Thereby leading to whole IP getting blacklisted.
- Server Performance and Response time: The resource is being shared among other, so a lot of traffic can be generated thus draining of bandwidth and thus more response time.
- Level of Control: offers less control as compared to dedicated server.
Dedicated Web Hosting
Dedicated web hosting, as the name tells, that the server belongs to an individual or a particular organization.
Advantages of Dedicated Web Hosting
- Unlimited bandwidth: as your website is only the one on a server so you utilize the whole bandwidth available.
- Blacklisting of a website: in these type of server you only get blacklisted by search engines, until and unless you engage in illegal/unethical practices.
- Level of control: Dedicated server is all yours so you can deploy any application/ scripts etc without any restriction.
- Security: Security of a dedicated server is all your responsibility. Although The owner can control the deployment of security programs as he/she is the only one on the server.
- Server performance and response time: No resource sharing resulting in lower bandwidth consumption thus less response time.
- Disk Space: you get more disk space as compared to shared hosting.
Disadvatages of Dedicated Web Hosting
- Cost: The dedicated server costs much more than the shared web hosting because the individual/organization gets much more benefits than shared hosting. Also the maintenance cost is also there.
- Convenience: Setting up and maintenance of a dedicated server is much more complicated than the shared server in which everything is managed by the service provider.
- Security: High security compared to shared Hosting.
Both of the hosting types have their own pros and cons. Does it require more bandwidth or disk space or if it requires more security, server performance and response time? What is the budget of the organization/individual? If the site is for personal blog then one should prefer to go with shared web hosting rather than dedicated web hosting. It all depends on an individual on what are the minimum requirement of its websites.
Fgrade Global Services can Help
Fgrade will provide all IT services like Digital marketing, website development, mobile application developement, web hosting, email hosting services, Security services and more at affordable prices. We provide 24*7 Support.
You Just call us at 040-40888039 to contact technical experts.